Table of Contents
BNB Chain and PancakeSwap are seeking proposals from promising and/or experienced builders to build a ‘meta-governance’ layer on top of PancakeSwap, the largest native DEX on BNB Chain.
This blog provides a high-level outline of the task, the grant program, and minimum submission requirements. Respondents are encouraged to provide additional detail above the minimum submission requirements where they feel it will assist in their application.
Applicants can submit their proposals to BNB Chain and PancakeSwap through this form:
Task and overview
PancakeSwap has recently announced in its Q4 roadmap (see below) that the protocol intends to develop functionality for ‘voting gauges’ within this quarter.
You can read PancakeSwap’s blog regarding this grant program here.
Voting gauges are based on the vote-escrow model (veCAKE), which grants CAKE stakers the ability to direct future CAKE emissions to different liquidity pairs on the PancakeSwap protocol. Additionally, veCAKE will inherit various benefits of the original CAKE staking model such as boosting yields on liquidity farms (bCAKE), revenue sharing (rCAKE), and the general ability to vote on proposals within the PancakeSwap community.
On PancakeSwap, voting gauges will substitute the current liquidity mining decision process managed by the PancakeSwap protocol. The decision-making process of where future CAKE rewards will be directed to, and in particular which liquidity pools should receive CAKE rewards, will be decentralized to future meta-governance protocols.
In order to support promising meta-governance projects, BNB Chain and PancakeSwap will provide selected applicants with a grant to assist in their efforts to build a meta-governance project.
BNB Chain and PancakeSwap will be providing a grant for selected applicants. Applicants are advised that projects launching by the end of Q4 2023 will be prioritized to be considered for this grant.
The application should address the following minimum requirements to be considered for this grant.
- Team and experience
- How to contact the team
- Deployment timeline
- High-level strategy and plan to succeed as a meta-governance project building on top of PancakeSwap
- Detailed description of the tokenomics and token release schedule of the meta-governance project
- Main value propositions of the project to PancakeSwap and future participants
- 1-year operation/personnel plan
As mentioned above, respondents are encouraged to provide additional detail above the minimum submission requirements where they feel it will assist in their application.
The entire process can be summarized as follows:
- Applicants can submit their proposals to BNB Chain and PancakeSwap through this form:
- BNB Chain and PancakeSwap reviews and responds to proposals as they are submitted.
- BNB Chain will contact the team(s) which are selected and discuss in detail about the grant and terms.
- BNB Chain offers the grant.
- Applicants are encouraged to make sure the project launches happen in the fourth quarter of 2023.