In the Project Spotlight series, we interview projects developing on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). Previously, we shared interviews with many projects, including Tenderly, BunnyPark, MOBOX, Covalent, Featured by Binance, or CryptoBlades. The next project we’ll introduce you is X World Games, the next-gen decentralized gaming on blockchain.
Spotlight on X World Games
IMPORTANT: Please note the following content does not constitute an endorsement or approval of any of the products or services of the project, organization, or individual.
What is your core business? Can you expand on your business strategy to those unfamiliar with your project?
X World Games is the next-generation decentralized blockchain game ecosystem. “X World” represents an unknown universe to be explored, and “Games” represents more games that will be added to this ecosystem. The vision of X World Games is to build a diversified gaming ecosystem that connects traditional game players and the blockchain world and help more game developers who want to enter the crypto space to create the underlying blockchain framework.
The mission of X World Games is to bring blockchain technology into an open game world where gamers from all over the world can participate in games together; simply put, we’re going to bring blockchain into a world of fun. In the X World Games, players will be able to do PvP battles and create/collect NFT assets, and in our marketplace exchange, players can buy and sell any NFT in-game props and gears.
When was the idea behind X World Games born, and what led to it?
In 2017, before X World Games entered the blockchain, it had developed a super popular Japanese action mobile game, “Belle Battle Musou.”, which has a user base of 300,000+. In addition, the X World Games team has developed nearly a hundred online mini-games and has rich experience in game production in the mobile game industry.
As the founder of X World Games, Fernando has more than a decade of investment experience and a keen sense of market trends. In his early years, he had invested in many blockchain and mobile game projects. Therefore, he slowly has an idea to merge all these interesting elements, games, blockchain, DeFi, Japanese anime, NFT, metaverse, etc., all together to create a blockchain game ecosystem and metaverse.
In 2019, X World Games started the journey of blockchain games advanced with the Japanese ACG style, launched its first NFT TCG game project – Dream Card, and completed its Genesis Sale in 2021.
Can you tell us more about your team’s background and introduce the core members?
Our team keeps growing at a fast pace so it would take a while to cover everyone, but to briefly introduce our leads.
- Financial liberals and environmentalists
- Former Asia Pacific president of Wall Street private equity investment fund Barron Partners, participated in investing in many Chinese companies and later assisted them in listing on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.
- Director and founder of Abacus Renewables Energy Fund
- Possesses 17+ Years of venture capital, private investment, fundraising and M&A restructuring experience worldwide.
- The CFO and other officer roles in various US publicly listed companies.
- result-oriented with a proven track record in multilateral financial and operations management.
- Personally invested in many successful ventures, mostly in the online gaming, blockchain and clean energy sector.
- an early investor in HangZhou Zhexin, which is a company focused on the publishing of online cellphone games and was later acquired by Chinese public company Jinke Culture (SZ: 300459).
- Seasoned veteran with rich experience in writing all types of software codes, such as C++, Python, Solidity, Go, etc
- 15+ years of experience in the online gaming and software sector.
- 5 years in the crypto market
- Founder of BlaCat game platform
How do you protect your users? Can you briefly describe your security strategy and standards?
X World Games has adopted different protocols for the issuance of various digital assets.
The XWG token issuance adopts BEP-20 from Binance Smart Chain, which uses a consensus algorithm known as Proof of Staked Authority (PoSA) where 21 validators stake BNB Besides, Binance Smart Chain’s BEP-20 token uses essentially the same format as the Ethereum protocol’s popular ERC-20 tokens.
On the NFT side, they will be based on the ERC-1155 and ERC-721 (also on BSC). As part of our infrastructure construction, we’re building a layer-2 protocol to scale the NFT trading, which can be integrated with many different development protocols or side-chains to limit the amount of storage and hash power required to validate blocks during a transaction. We aim to facilitate more than 20,000 transactions per second (TPS) with instant minting ability, and most importantly, no gas fee.
So gamers can finally play, create and trade without safety worries and experience true decentralizing gaming.
At last, all our smart contracts passed the security audit by Certik, you can view our audit report here: https://bit.ly/3cAJbI1
What are the main advantages of X World Games for the user, compared to a similar project from the NFT market?
Contents & Infrastructures, X World Games will adopt various content by collaborating with other game developers and building a platform infrastructure for them to adopt.
X World Games will put project focuses on the following:
- Blockchain Game Platform, we’ll provide our existing user traffic and economic flows for other blockchain games and create a game metaverse for all players and creators.
- Play to Earn: For the game side, the players can earn XWG tokens by raising their cards through battle, staking their card for months, lending function, and in-game mining. For the DAO governance side, the players can share game guides and vote to earn XWG tokens.
- NFT Exchange, we’ll provide a marketplace exclusively for NFT transactions for in-game characters and items, adopt various bidding models, and support NFT fragmentation and market maker liquidity in the future.
- DeFi Gamification, we’ll add a variety of DeFi functions with gamification, including liquidity mining, staking mining, DeFi lending and Swap into our games.
- Authentic Anime IP, we’ll collaborate with many Japanese masterpiece animes and games, and integrate their exclusive characters into our game world.
- Cross-Game Ecosystem, we’ll create a unique cross-game character and equipment experience, secure digital in-game item ownership and share multi-game resources for our players and game creators.
- Open-Game Creation, we’ll provide a series of open-source and comprehensive game creation tools, from simple character creation to complex script/function editing for our game world.
Let’s say I want to start using X World Games. Where should I start? Can you share some guides or tutorials?
Now we’re under the phase of launching our first released game – Dream Card, enhancing our platform functionalities such as NFT exchange and trading and building our global DAO community. Therefore, the best way to start with X World Games will be to join our community and anticipate joining the official game release on 24 June.
For X World Games how-to-guides, please check with our Gitbook: About – X World Games
Why did you decide to build on Binance Smart Chain?
Given BSC’s security, scalability and affordability, we believe this will maximize our player base and lower the shifting cost for our players migrating from the conventional gaming world.
Can you tell us more about your future plans? What should we be looking forward to?
Our short-term goal is to have a successful launch of Dream Card, the initiation of XWG’s liquidity circulation, and build our DAO community system.
So community building will be an important task for us in the second half of the year 2021.
After that, we’ll continue to adopt more Japanese Anime IPs and games into X Games World and begin our platform framework development, including exchange enhancement, DeFi application, and in-game creation ability.