Table of Contents
BNB Greenfield is undergoing a regular maintenance upgrade for the testnet version to v0.2.2 on June 25th, between 6:00 am – 10:00 am UTC.
All buckets/objects previously stored on Greenfield Testnet will be cleared and won’t be available for query anymore. All account balances will also be reset. As we make our way to the mainnet, our key goals involve addressing bugs from previous versions and introducing new features, aiming to provide users with a more refined and efficient platform.
Please note that after the reset, all tBNB on Greenfield will be cleared. We’re gearing up to execute an airdrop for the lion’s share of our users. As per our airdrop rules, users will receive the same amount in the airdrop if they hold less than 10 tBNB. This means you will not have to go through the faucet and bridge processes again. We’re streamlining the experience to make it as convenient as possible for you.
Additionally, we want to inform you that, post-reset, all buckets and objects on Greenfield will be erased. This means they will no longer be accessible or queryable. We understand that this might cause some inconvenience, but please rest assured that these steps are necessary to ensure the optimal performance of our network.
Introducing New Features On BNB Greenfield
To enhance the user experience, the community is introducing new features and making significant improvements:
- #249 This feature will support multiple messages in a transaction using EIP712 sign approach. Allowing multiple messages will provide a better user experience for dApp users.
- #250 This feature allows mirroring bucket/object/group by using id or name. By using name, we can package some messages in a single tx, e.g., CreateBucket MirrorBucket in one tx.
- #268 This feature records the challenge attestation results for the recent challenges.
- #276 This feature support adding keyManager into txOpt, so that allow large batch of transactions sent by a single client
- #502 This feature allow SP to use B2 as its underlying storage.
- #512 This feature enables universal endpoint for private object.
Announcing Storage Provider Standard Framework
This document outlines the updated implementation of the SP standard and establishes a clear set of guidelines that encompass the SP API, protocols, and performance indicators. Community developers are able to customize their own SP functions in a flexible manner that adheres to the established standard.
The maintenance upgrade of BNB Greenfield is part of the ongoing commitment to deliver a seamless and effective platform for users. The platform better serves the users by addressing bugs, introducing new features, and responding to community feedback.
Greenfield Binary: (link)[https://github.com/bnb-chain/greenfield/releases/tag/v0.2.2 ]
Greenfield Storage Provider: (link)[https://github.com/bnb-chain/greenfield-storage-provider/releases/tag/v0.2.2]