Table of Contents
BNB Greenfield is undergoing a regular maintenance upgrade for the testnet version to v0.2.3 on August 3rd, between 6:00 am – 10:00 am UTC. All buckets/objects previously stored on Greenfield Testnet will be cleared and won’t be available for query anymore. All account balances will also be reset.
As we make our way to the mainnet, our key goals involve addressing bugs from previous versions and introducing new features to provide users with a more refined and efficient platform.
Please note that after the reset, all tBNB on Greenfield will be cleared. We’re gearing up to execute an airdrop for the lion’s share of our users. As per our airdrop rules, users will receive the same amount in the airdrop if they hold less than 10 tBNB. This means you will not have to go through the faucet and bridge processes again. We’re streamlining the experience to make it as convenient as possible for you.
Additionally, we want to inform you that all buckets and objects on Greenfield will be erased. This means they will no longer be accessible or queryable. We understand that this might cause some inconvenience, but please rest assured that these steps are necessary to ensure the optimal performance of our network.
Introducing New Features on BNB Greenfield
To enhance the user experience, the community is introducing new features and making significant improvements.
For Greenfield blockchain, new concepts such as Virtual Group, Family have been introduced, to make bucket migration and storage provider exit more lightweight and reduce the storage of chain metadata. A new algorithm to get the secondary SP price is introduced to avoid unfair competition; Changing the frequency of reading quota is limited to avoid some issues with charging; More payment APIs are available for frontend use.
For Greenfield SP, the following new features are now available:
- Support resumable upload for big files.
- Support data recovery.
- Support using Alicloud OSS as the underlying storage of SP.
- Support sharding of large-capacity data tables
Announcing Greenfield Wishlist for Innovative Ideas
The BNB Chain Wishlist Program offers a repository to nurture visionary endeavors and make a meaningful impact on the BNB Chain’s development. Whether exploring novel technologies, devising cutting-edge solutions, or revolutionizing decentralized applications, you can find the most demanding and innovative areas.
- Data migration: develop a migration application for BNB Greenfield that provides a seamless solution for migrating files from various decentralized storage solutions like AWS, Filecoin, Arweave, Storj, etc.
- Mobile App for Greenfield: develop a user-friendly iPhone/Android application that enables users to manage their data on BNB Greenfield.
- Leveraging BNB Greenfield for L1 Data Storage: Innovative solutions to optimize L1 data storage using BNB Greenfield’s decentralized capabilities.
The maintenance upgrade of BNB Greenfield is part of the ongoing commitment to deliver a seamless and effective platform for users. The platform better serves the users by addressing bugs, introducing new features, and responding to community feedback.