Enter a Fantastic Social Metaverse on BNB Chain!
We’re thrilled to bring you this interview with the team behind Yuliverse. It’s an on-chain MMORPG that’s helping people connect with new friends, earn rewards, and have loads of fun. Make sure to download Yuliverse at the links below and get started today…we’ll see you there!
Describe Yuliverse for those unfamiliar with it. What’s your vision and mission?
Yuliverse is the world’s very first Parallel Reality Gaming Metaverse on BNB Chain, Inspired by Pokemon Go & Tinder. Growing new and meaningful friendships at the same time as earning in Yuliverse is easy. Just move around in your neighbourhood!
Yuliverse’s vision is to provide people with a metaverse that links the virtual and real worlds and offer a zero-stress social ecology for people who can’t socialise. Our mission is to be the best game/SocialFi in the world.
When was the idea behind Yuliverse and what led to it?
The idea behind Yuliverse was actually inspired by a common understanding between close friends. The co-founders of Yuliverse experience a similar issue, in which we all have difficulties initiating conversation with strangers, although we really want to.
We found it so difficult that we didn’t really know what to say! To our surprise, it’s not just us who are facing this issue, but the majority of the people. So one day we were wondering, ‘what if we can use game to do ice breaking and people can initiate conversation with each other by using topics in the game’. This will make making friends 10 times easier, as we don’t have to crack our heads to start a conversation!
That’s how we had the idea for Yuliverse.
Tell us about your team’s background.
AncientTwo, CEO of Yuliverse, a builder of gamified, real world metaverses using proprietary map-based technology. He played games for over 20 years, and was ranked 1st in Asian, Chinese, and American servers of Heartstone over 10 times. At the same time, he is an experienced investment banker in Hong Kong over 8 years, He has handled almost 100 IPO cases.
Our CTO Ben.Z was a Web2 Internet AI Lab tech lead from a famous internet company in China, with expertise in AI, image processing, VR/AR, data mining and LBS technology. He’s developed several AI applications with millions of users.
Our CSO Maggie worked at a billion-dollar internet corporation as a strategic investor specialising in deep-tech and fintech innovation. She was previously in Macquarie, a global TMT banking, equity research and private equity investment across US and Asia regions for 8 years.
Our Community Lead, Adam, has been in the crypto field for at least 5 years. Personally he had witnessed ETH be at 100usd and did not buy it. Managed 100k community before and raised a total of 15m for a GameFi project.
What are the main advantages of Yuliverse for users, compared to a similar project from a mainstream financial market?
Social and Game Dual-flywheel ecosystem for user growth and retention – We provide a GameFi scenario for players to socialise and complete tasks together. This natural ice-breaking setting can attract different user groups who either want to enjoy games and earn, or make new friends and earn. This dual flywheel can mutually benefit our user retention rate and bring more organic user growth for bringing Web2 users into Web3.
- Word-of-mouth and low-entry-barrier game to attract users into Web3. We’re inspired by Pokémon Go and Tinder, low-entry-barrier, but profitable gaming and social apps. Pokémon Go, 7-years generating $7bn revenue with 5m DAU so far, has successfully educated the market, thus it is easy for users to understand and try.
- In-App wallet and marketplace. Most users find it too complicated to set up a MetaMask wallet or have safety concerns. We self-build the decentralised wallet with email registration – it’s just a simple click for the user to own a Web3 wallet, simplifying the Web2 to Web3 converting routes in a safe and simple way.
- Solid team with first-mover advantage. We are a team with sufficient internet corporate experience with strong track record of 2C product strategy and user growth. We have crypto and finance background experts for healthy tokenomic design, and believe our dual experience can help us obtain first-mover advantage and demonstrate a positive model image in the industry.
Web2.5 is a perfect solution for Web3 user conversion and monetization – At the time of writing, our product has been live for 3 weeks and we have demonstrated strong success for user growth, retention and potential monetization. Our registered users are ~3,000, DAU of 1,400, user retention (7D/14D retention) of 82%+.
Now we leverage our Web2 expertise to do seed user profile analysis and will later roll out a free-to-play version in a more efficient channel based on it. Thus, we believe, for application layer projects, our product strategy can definitely be applied in Web3 and have great monetization potentials based on strong Web2 to Web3 traffic.
What is the security strategy of your project?
1. Having a self-built wallet reduces the process of interacting with external software and reduces the risk of users clicking on other unknown links and interactions.
2. The game adopts dual verification mode, mailbox verification + wallet outer password double protection mode. Whether it is retrieved or isolated, this offers sufficient security.
3. A double-encrypted interface verification mode is set up on both the client and the back-end for data communication at the network layer. When the user client is affected by other malware, the back-end encryption verification will also isolate these requests.
Let’s say I want to start using Yuliverse. Where do I start? Where can I find some how-to guides?
It’s simple! Get out your phone now and download Yuliverse now. It’s available on both IOS and Android. Once done downloading it, just start the App and you can start playing.
For more details refer to, https://medium.com/@yuliverseofficial/how-to-get-started-in-yuliverse-8e9b72cc506d
Why did you decide to build on the BNB Chain?
The co-founders are actually BNB Chain lovers. We compared with many different chains before we decided which chain to build on. We found out that BNB Chain is the most stable one and users generally have a better experience while using BNB Chain’s related products or services. Not to mention, BNB Chain also ticks all of our tech requirements – transactions process fast, are cheap, and there are no scalability issues to be spoken of.
What’s your impression of developing on the BNB Chain so far?
I must say it’s greater than we can ever imagine. BNB Chain has provided tremendous support for us! As of today, we have not encountered any issue with BNB Chain yet, either from the users or from the dev team!
Let’s see your roadmap, whitepaper, and any other links you’d like to share.
We are currently in our beta phase now. You can download our game from the Appstore and Google Play Store.
For more details, you can check out the links below.
Are you planning any upcoming events?
Yes, we are planning to launch our Ranking System for our Card game mode. Players can now compete and win more rewards from Yuliverse! Most importantly, we are planning a treasure hunt campaign with other projects. For example, you might be able to win a Bored Ape NFT or Moonbirds by doing the daily treasure hunt in Yuliverse!
Finally, in one or two sentences, what makes you most excited about the future of Yuliverse?
Yuliverse is not just a game, but it represents a platform for quality users to gather together and earn rewards by completing daily quests. Project owners can benefit with the exposure we can get for them, whereas our players can enjoy the rewards provided by our partners! We are excited to see more projects on board to build Yuliverse together.