Table of Contents
Dear BNB Chain Community,
The previously postponed hardfork on BNB Smart Chain (BSC) is now ready to proceed with updated releases of BSC Geth.
New Hardfork Schedule and Details
Effective Block Height and Timing:
The hardfork is scheduled to take effect at the following block height and corresponding time:
– Effective Block Height: [Block 35682300] Link to the specific block countdown
– Date & Time: Tue Dec 05 2023 06:56:32 UTC +0100 (Universal Time Coordinated Time)
– Effective Block Height: [Block 34140700] Link to the specific block countdown
– Date & Time: Thu Dec 07 2023 08:59:47 UTC +0100 (Universal Time Coordinated Time)
Call For Action
All validators and node operators on the BNB Smart Chain are required to upgrade their BSC Geth clients to the respective new versions before the specified block height to ensure a smooth transition and maintain network stability.
The hardfork is implemented using the following new versions of Geth:
1. For v1.2.x Nodes:
– Upgrade to the latest version, Geth v1.2.15. The download link and installation instructions can be found BSC geth v1.2.15.
2. For v1.3.x Nodes:
– Upgrade to the latest version, Geth v1.3.4. The download link and installation instructions can be found BSC geth v1.3.4.
- Since v1.3.1, the flags –txlookuplimit has been replaced by –history.transactions. Make sure you no longer use –txlookuplimit, otherwise, node may not start.
- For all geth nodes, DO NOT use –pipecommit flag
Upgrade Erigon client to the latest version below, NO change is required for the Erigon clients if you are running the latest release suggested in the last announcement:
- For Linux x64: try erigon_x64_v1.1.9–Build20231129
- For Linux arm64: try erigon_arm64_v1.1.9–Build20231129
Thank you for your effort to enhance the performance and security of BNB Chain. Your involvement and feedback are invaluable to the BNB community, which looks forward to a successful hardfork with these new updates.