Table of Contents
The BNB Chain Gas Grant Program.
We’re excited to announce the BNB Chain Gas Grant Program. This program aims to reward projects contributing to the BNB Chain ecosystem by providing gas fee incentives to qualified projects.
Apply Now to enjoy Gas Grant for your dApp.
Under the new Gas Grant Program, enrolled projects can enjoy gas grants based on their monthly gas fee volume. The total pool for gas grants is set at USD 200,000 worth of BNB tokens monthly, and the grants are calculated based on the percentage of project’s gas consumption out of the total amount of gas consumed by the enrolled projects.
To be eligible for the Gas Grant Program, a project must have launched within the last 3 months and have at least 100 average on-chain daily active users (DAU) in the last 7 days or achieved a new milestone and have had at least 100 average DAU in the last 30 days. An individual project can benefit from this program for a maximum duration of 3 calendar months. After each calculation period, subsequent enrolments will be subject to reassessment.
Projects that do not meet the enrolment criteria can request BNB Chain staff to be enrolled in the program for a one-month trial.
The application deadline falls on the 24th of each month, while decisions regarding participants for the upcoming month will be announced on the last Wednesday of each month.
Enrolled projects will receive a Gas Grant based on the gas fees they have incurred. As previously highlighted, the Gas Grant Program comprises a total pool of USD 200,000 monthly BNB tokens.
Reward calculation logic:
Each individual enrolled project’s total gas fee for the month / all enrolled projects’ total gas fee for the month * $200,000 (paid in BNB). The maximum cap for an individual project’s reward is $15,000 worth of BNB.
- Project A had 10 BNB gas consumption, while all enrolled projects had 100 BNB gas consumption.
- The reward of Project A = 10 BNB / 100 BNB * $200,000 = $20,000. $20,000 is exceeded the maximum cap of $15,000 / individual project.
- The reward of Project A: $15,000 worth of BNB
The BNB Chain Gas Grant Program is an excellent opportunity for projects to receive gas fee incentives and contribute to the growth of the BNB Chain ecosystem.
Terms and Notes:
- Every project will be verified to ensure compliance with the enrollment requirements. If a project fails to meet the enrollment standards, it will be removed from the program.
- For example, Project A satisfies the enrollment criteria in May but fails to comply with the requirements in June → Project A is removed from the program.
- Eligible projects can be enrolled for 3 calendar months if they meet the requirements. However, the program will include no projects for the 4th month.
- For example: if Project A remains eligible for Gas Grant enrollment in the 4th month, it will not receive rewards.
- Gas Grant rewards will be distributed monthly.
- Rewards and performances for each project are calculated on the full calendar month.
- BNB exchange rate: BNB Chain will use the opening price at 00:00 AM (UTC) of the BNB/USDT trading pair on binance.com as the BNB exchange rate used for distribution on that day.
- Qualifying projects will receive rewards in BNB, sent to the BEP20 wallet address provided on the application form.
- BNB Chain reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
- Where any discrepancy arises between the translated and original versions, the English version shall prevail.
Participation in the BNB Chain Gas Grant is completely optional. Applicant projects found eligible must agree to additional terms and conditions to benefit from the program. We cannot control activity and data on the BNB Chain or the activities that community participants may develop using BNB Chain, a public, decentralized, and permissionless blockchain. Participation in the BNB Chain Gas Grant by any third-party project should not be construed as a recommendation, vetting, or endorsement of such third-party projects by us, or any other affiliated entity.